function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LogeshLogesh 

Editing field label in report builder

Is there anyway to edit the field label displayed in report builder , i wanna to make the Account/Lead rating as Lead rating. Plz provide me a solution

Plz click the link below to view the screenshot

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?op=1&view=global&subj=181143345255191&pid=9469242&id=789353055&oid=181143345255191

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

For standard report types, you can't rename field labels specifically for reports. Instead, you'd have to create a custom report type (Setup > Create > Report Types). You can rename the field entirely (including on page layouts and so on), using Setup > Customize > Tab Names and Labels > Rename Tabs and Labels. Rename Tabs and Labels does not cover labels that are automatically generated (such as Account/Lead Rating), which I believe are immutable.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

For standard report types, you can't rename field labels specifically for reports. Instead, you'd have to create a custom report type (Setup > Create > Report Types). You can rename the field entirely (including on page layouts and so on), using Setup > Customize > Tab Names and Labels > Rename Tabs and Labels. Rename Tabs and Labels does not cover labels that are automatically generated (such as Account/Lead Rating), which I believe are immutable.

This was selected as the best answer
LogeshLogesh

Thanks Fox :smileyhappy:

ESnowESnow
Does the Best Answer solution allow for field label adjustment or just object/tab renaming?  I don't see field level options at Setup > Customize > Tab Names and Labels > Rename Tabs and Labels