function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
codeWarriorcodeWarrior 

(SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new java.net.URL(sfurl));

Any ideas why this would stop working ?

JDK1.4.2.08
SF API 6.0
Partner WSDL

this.binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new java.net.URL(sfurl));

where sfurl={!API_Enterprise_Server_URL_60}

Any information on what information I can get back about the binding or why it fails would be appreciated....

TIA...

Message Edited by codeWarrior on 10-25-2005 04:06 PM

SuperfellSuperfell
how does it not work ?
codeWarriorcodeWarrior

It would appear that SforceServiceLocator is throwing a Instance error or something... I am not really sure. I cant really tell whether org.apache.axis.client.Service or com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceService is the cause....

Any ideas / assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Both dependencies appear in what looks to be the corect location:

• org.apache.axis.client.Service resolves to: /build/web/WEB-INF/lib/axis.jar/org/apache/axis/client.Service

AND

• com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceService resolves to: /build/web/WEB-INF/classes/com/sforce/soap/partner/SforceService.class

The error occurs when trying to instance a new Soap binding:

this.binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new java.net.URL(sfurl));

Tracing through the debugger -- I end up at the interface call in SforceServiceLocator.java {

public class SforceServiceLocator extends org.apache.axis.client.Service implements com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceService { ...

The interface is exactly when/where the error is thrown.

BTW:

• Axis 1.1
  • JDK 1.4.2.08
  • WSDL4J-1.5.1
  • SFDC Partner 6.0 API

SuperfellSuperfell
sounds like you might have a mismatched axis version (stub built with a different version of axis than you're trying to run with) but without the exact exception that you're getting its impossible to say what might be wrong.
codeWarriorcodeWarrior

Hey Simon.... I looked at this one real hard.... After reading the API docs and some other information on the SForce site -- I had restructured my libraries to conform to the SFDC publicized statement / standard of

• Use JDK 1.4.2 with Axis 1.1

AND

• Use JDK 1.5.1 with Axis 1.2

Since I am using JDK1.4.2.08 I figured I had better behave and use Axis 1.1. In my case, the solution turns out to be: Use Axis-1.2 (axis.jar) with JDK 1.4.2.08. I find this to be a little bit interesting ... I can't wait to see what happens when you guys adopt Axis-1.3 now that 1.1 is deprecated and 1.2 is GA...

I appreciate the assist...

Greg