function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
imhereimhere 

Creatring my object in sforce

hi,
i jsut started using sforce API.
initially it does not work. There was some Exception while i tried to use the sample Login Source Code.

i left that idea. and made my own soap request to connect and login to Scforce. taht worked fine.
now i want to create my OWN objects in sforce e.g. i want to create a JOB object that i can use later on.
how would it be done.
Ron HessRon Hess
Create objects from within the app, click setup, then under the customforce, find Extend, then custom objects.

as soon as you create the object , it will appear in the WSDL and be usable from the API.
imhereimhere
thx Ron
i have gone through that. i have about 30 objects in my app.
ONE
its a pains talking process of creating objects and their relationships

Is there any way that i can create Custom OBjects without going through this pain talking Process ? (create call only created an instance)

TWO
creating a Custom object creates Custom Tabs .. and now its length is increasing as a new object is created. it must start a new Tab linf after a specific no of tabs are added. so that user dont have to scroll each time.

If i dont create a Custom Tab i dont find any way to Edit the object or to create an instance of that. is there any suggestion ?

THREE
I could not find any way to Delete a Custom object. i can delete an instance but cant Object .. y is this so ?? is there any Solution

FOUR
wt does Standard Field means ? how is it different from other Custom Field.

Five
Ther is no way to create a relation of an Object to itself.

Six
Can i implement Composite Primery key ? How ?
Ron HessRon Hess
1. a. you can copy objects to a different org after Jan 7 by using the App exchange
b. in the future, i believe there is a feature request to enable creating objects via API, not soon, however.

2. you don't have to create a tab for each object
and you can group the tabs by defining an application and putting tabs there.
these apps appear in the pull down list in the upper right of the page.

if you don't create a tab, you can create an object from a related list if that obj is related to something.
you can create an instance of an object using the api

you can also jump directly to the edit new object page for any object by constructing the proper URL, one that looks like this:
https://na1.salesforce.com/500/e

where you replace "500" with your object three letter prefix ( the first three letters of your object id's)

3. a way to Delete a Custom object
keep looking, you can delete these ( if you are the admin), try the online help ( look for the Del link )
its' under setup, customforce, extend, Custom Objects, "Edit|Del"

4. standard field is one that comes with your data schema, not defined by you, custom is defined by you.

5. no, i don't think you can, but i've never tried it, and i'm not sure it makes sense to me... something about recursion may make this hard to display in the browser, i get pictures of related lists receeding into infinity...

6. yes, how is sort of up to your needs. you can use a auto-number field, and a formula field to combine two or more fields into one, that would generate a wide range of possible composite keys. The database uses the "object id" as a primary key, you can't change that, but normaly you don't need to, you can use it as an external key , or define your own.
kamalkumarkamalkumar

Imhere,

I am new to Java and Salesforce . I am looking forward to use the custom objects from a JSP page and not able to do that.

if possible do provide the working code using the custom objects.

Thanks in advance