function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
srinivasan14srinivasan14 

Report issue

Hi All,

I have a Report with count of 1lakh50thousand Records and more. I exported the report in .csv format, but the records in the excel is only around 35thousand.

I need to export all the records in the Report. Please provide me the suggestions.

Thanks in Advance....

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivasan.

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hello Srinivasan,

Don't know if this is of any help for your specific problem, but you can split the exported data into multiple csv files. Use LIMIT and OFFSET options in the soql for this.

How many records do you have exactly? "1lakh50thousand Records" is something that I cannot understand... maybe a typo?

What do you need the records for? Where exactly do you want to use them?

Thanks,

Adrian

srinivasan14srinivasan14

Hi Adrian,

Can you please suggest me how to split the Exported data in to multiple .csv.

Is it possible to export the Report into multiple .csv by splitting ????

Please share me the Steps.

Its an urgent issue.

Thanks,

Srinivasan.

AdrianCCAdrianCC

In the Data Loader, after you select Export option there's a intermediary screen where you can modify the SELECT used to retrieve your records.

I think there are multiple ways to do this, but I didn't research them in detail so you'll to test them...

1. use LIMIT and OFFSET. See doc here: link , the paragraph where it says "if you need to retrieve subsequent subsets of the same result set.". The only problem is that the increments are of 2000 records size. For a ton of records like you say you have it might be better to look into running in batch mode. See here: link2

2. use the LIKE comparison operator and use 1 field to go through sepparate records. For example, Name would be a good candidate and you could go alphabetically through it. Link3

Thanks,

Adrian