function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GeneRegistryGeneRegistry 

My Cross-Object Workflow Doesn't Work

Hi.

I'm having difficulty getting a workflow on the opportunity to work.

The workflow is Active.

The evaluation criteria is: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

The rule criteria is:

(Opportunity: Opportunity Name EQUALS ClicktoolsTest-Wedding Event-Photography) AND (Opportunity: Stage EQUALS Prospect) AND (Opportunity: TEST CT EQUALS 2)

When the criteria is met my workflow action is a field update that is supposed to change the Opportunity Stage to Bride Contacted.

I created a test account which in-turn creates a child opportunity with the name ClicktoolsTest-Wedding Event-Photography and the opportunity's stage is Prospect by default.

The Test CT field is a formula field that gets updated from 1 to 2 when a field in the Account is changed to Yes.

Any ideas as to why it isn't working? What I'm really wondering is, looking at the order of execution, does the commit for a field update that is a formula field occur after a workflow? This seems to be a cross-object workflow since the formula field that is part of the evaluation criteria comes from the account.