function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Monica FlahertyMonica Flaherty 

Mimicking a lookup field on the user record.

I'm trying to add a lookup field on the user record that looks up to a filtered list of accounts.  There is no option to add a lookup filter.  Are there any options to set it up so that the picklist on the user record can mimic pulling it's values from a lookup?  I don't need the value in the field to be clickable, I just need it to be popluated with the same values that would be created by a lookup to account name.  I'm open to options using triggers, workflows or custom code.

SFFSFF

On the User record, using the standard page layout? Sorry, no. I've been over this ground over and over and over ...

You could create a Visualforce page that allows you to edit Users, and create a picklist on that page that used your filtered list of Accounts. Keep in mind, though, that the underlying field on the User record will be a Text(18) field, which is probably not what you want for reporting. Even if you save off a copy of the Account Name on the User record, you will have to keep in mind that there is no actual relationshp between User and Account (in this scenario) and whenever an Account is deleted, handle the corresponding link on the User record appropriately.

Good luck!