function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gagan.ax66Gagan.ax66 

API URL in WIL gives trouble

Hi Dave,

With VB.NET i am using API 3.0 Partners,

While I use "API Pertner server URL 3.0" in WIL to get url for my login call in my application it gives me error sometimes.... its when , while i try to compare the values (usualy of the salesforce id type) in the datatable. It says it has found two values for the comparision.

Same code works fine when i take url as "API Partners Server url 2.5" in WIL.

Is there somthing that i dont know...

Please suggest

regards,
Gagan

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Gagan,

Sounds like you are mentioning 2 seperate issues.  The first, that you are using a 30 url provided in a merge field from the WIL for login.  If I take what you are saying literally, then you are issuing a login command to the url from the WIL, correct?  If so, you are putting in an unnecessary step.  If you are working off of a WIL, the 2 items you need to make calls through the API are the url and the sessionId.  Once you have those 2 pieces, you are ready to go without the need to login, it was done already and that's why you can obtain a session id from the WIL.  So, when working with a WIL, don't issue a login, just use the fields from the WIL that are otherwise returned in a loginResult.  The loginResult returns sessionID, serverURL and userID - all of these are available via the WIL merge fields.  Any login that you need to do should ALWAYS be to https://www.sforce.com/services/Soap/3.0 (assuming 3.0).

The 2nd issue I think is the question of interchange-ability of endpoints and namespaces.  If the proxy that you are using was generated from a 2.5 wsdl, you will always need to use the 2.5 end point referenced as {!API_Partner_Server_URL_25} in the WIL merge fields list.  If you try to use the 3.0 end point with a 2.5 generated proxy, you will get errors.  So, migrating to 3.0 requires more than just pointing your calls to the new end point.

Gagan.ax66Gagan.ax66

Hi Dave,

Actualy it a single issue only...

I am Directly making other calls when using WIL... i know no need of Login call.

Issue is i am using well generated Partners 3.0. and in WIL i have to choose API server url for 2.5, else errors are generated. like while matching refrence ids in my code block, it says two records for refrence id while matching.

This same code works fine when i use 2.5 server url in WIL as querystring...

regards,
Gagan

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Gagan,

I can't tell from your post what the error is that you are receiving.  In your post you say: "like while matching refrence ids in my code block, it says two records for refrence id while matching."  What does this mean?  It does not sound like API parlance.

The concept of "matching" must be yours, and I am unable to get a context for what kind of error you are actually receiving from the service.

Please provide the exact error you are receiving, and if possible the exact Soap message and http headers for the request that is resulting in the error.