function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alexkalexk 

sforce 3.0 doesn't work with VS.NET 2002

I was disappointed to find that sforce 3.0 doesn't work with VS.NET 2002. Am I mistaken? If not, perhaps sforce should at least state that it only works with VS.NET 2003 and above.
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi alexk,

Um, no, it "works" with VS.NET 2002 (although I would say that you can use VS .Net to exercise the API).  Would you mind pointing me to where you found this information?

The Visual Studio toolkit for .Net requires 2003, but not the api itself.  (I have found one or two "fixes" to the .Net libraries in 2003 that resolve some bugs discovered earlier that are related to object serialization, though).

alexkalexk

I downloaded the .NET tools from the sforce website and I cannot open any of the *.csproj files with VS.NET 2002, the error attests to my version being lower than the one that created it. I can, however, open the *.cs files (obviously).

The other problem is that the trial account for salesforce.com does not permit one to create a WSDL file hence I am stumped again.

Surely there must be an easier way to trial salesforce.com programmatically?

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi alexk,

Second issue first.  You can't run the api on the trial version.  That is why we created the developer edition.  This is free and you sign up for it right here at sforce.com. 

As to the first issue, you are correct, the samples were generated using 2003.