function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JJoshJLJJoshJL 

Loggin Failure

Hello All,

Getting a new message that I havent seen before. I have a Login sub that automates the login as well as keeps my connection from going stale. Normaly, how it works is that after  a set amount of time, it will logout and log back in so that I don't run into a session timeout error. In anycase, I set it to pop up the error messages as they com along and I get this error

"client found response content type of ", but expected 'text/xml'." 

As a note, ive run programs with this script succesfully for several months without any issues. Are there any changes I should know about? or is this something differant. The login script is provided below. As you can see, it is the standard login script provided by the sample. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance...  

Josh

Public Sub login()

Dim un As String = "jlockhart@bbsjax.com"

Dim pw As String = "*******"

'//Provide feed back while we create the web service binding

Console.WriteLine("Creating the binding to the web service...")

Status.Text = "Creating the binding to the web service..."

'* Create the binding to the sforce servics

binding = New salesforce.SforceService

binding.Timeout = 60000

Console.WriteLine("LOGGING IN NOW....")

Status.Text = "Logging in now"

loginRes = binding.login(un, pw)

Console.WriteLine(vbCrLf & "The session id is: " & loginRes.sessionId)

Console.WriteLine(vbCrLf & "The new server url is: " & loginRes.serverUrl)

'//Change the binding to the new endpoint

binding.Url = loginRes.serverUrl

'//Create a new session header object and set the session id to that returned by the login

binding.SessionHeaderValue = New salesforce.SessionHeader

binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = loginRes.sessionId

Debug.WriteLine(loginRes.sessionId)

loggedIn = True

End Sub

darozdaroz

Let me guess... Last Friday, Mondy and Tuesday (yesterday) you got those messages at some varying times between about 12:30PM and 2PM Eastern US Time?

When the salesforce API server fails to reply with a SOAP message (it replies with a text error message, I believe -- I haven't checked the packet stream on that one) you will get this error. There have been serveral brief outages around those times the last 2 days, at least on the na1 cluster. During those outages it appears as through the na1-api servers will respond w/o a valid SOAP header causing the error you get.

JJoshJLJJoshJL

Thanks... That explains it..

Josh