function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
expeditebizexpeditebiz 

Grand Central Communications

I like to make Sforce application with Grand Central Communications
framework. Sforce is in the service directory but I cannot get the WSDL.

Message Edited by expeditebiz on 11-30-2004 03:02 PM

DevAngelDevAngel
The wsdl is generated from the salesforce.com application in the sforce studio section (setup).  You will use your Developer Edition login to get there.
cw.ax43cw.ax43

Hello,

I am having a problem with trying to login to Salesforce from Grand Central.

I got the partner wsdl for 5.0 and put it at my site and I set up in Grand Central's process editor to access Salesforce as a service based on that wsdl.  I set up a task to make a login call to Salesforce where the username and password are mapped to fields to process input message.  When I send the message to the process, I get the following error during the login task:

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
soap:Client
Script Processing Error - org.mozilla.javascript.JavaScriptException: HTTPResponse was 500 Internal Server Error code 500 Line HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error (file:sforce_login_and_post_msg.js#199)
http://grandcentralservices.com/schemas/http-javascript/1.0

Any idea as to what is going wrong?

Regards,

Len Takeuchi

Salescentrix.com

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi cw,

Hmm..., have you asked grand central?

I, unfortunately, do not have access to grand central internally to test, verify or validate any current issues.

cw.ax43cw.ax43

Dave,

I asked the Grand Central and it seems like they have a service which wraps the Salesforce API service.  In their wrapped service, you don't have to call Login explicitly but you must pass in the username and password in the header with every request. 

This is the reply I got from Grand Central on the same question:

"The Salesforce.com Connectivity Service on the Grand Central Network works exactly like the same way that the sforce APIs. There is one additional requirement for the user to send their Salesforce login credentials when making the API calls. The login credentials must be sent in the Header of every message sent to Connectivity Service. The exact syntax of the Salesforce Login Credentials expected by the Salesforce Connectivity Service are shown below:

<tns:sforce xmlns:tns=â¬?urn:partner.soap.sforce.comâ¬?>

<tns:USERID>[Salesforce.com Username]</tns:USERID>

tnsASSWORD>[Salesforce.com password]</tnsASSWORD>

</tns:sforce>

In other words, it is not necessary to perform the login operation from the Grand Central Network to salesforce.com.  Just include the credentials, as above, in the header and define the salesforce request in the body of the message to salesforce.com."

I haven't tried this out yet but this should solve my problem.

Regards,

Len Takeuchi

Salescentrix.com