function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BJamesBJames 

Email to Case Partner WSDL Syntax

Hello,

I recently downloaded the EMail2Case program and got it compiling on my machine.  I was asked to make some modifications to the default logic of the program.  Using what I knew of the Partner WSDL and how I have accessed it in the past I figured it would be an easy task.

Since I'm posting here you know how that turned out. For my changes I need to make a few queries and extract data from the QueryResult object to process. All reasonable goals. In all the samples and code that I have, the method get_any() is used everywhere... however in the Email2Case project that method is not on the SObject object.

This is but one of many solutions that use get_any().
((SObject)user.get_any()[1].getObjectValue()).get_any()[0].getValue()

My question to all of you is this... just using the Email2Case.zip, Ant 1.7.0 and Java 1.5, how would you get at the data that you query for?

Thanks,
-=Bryan
MG ConsultingMG Consulting

Did you ever figure out a work around for this? Where the heck is get_any(), so frustrating :( Any help from Salesforce or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Mike

MG ConsultingMG Consulting

Hi,

So I finally figured it out, it's getField(), yes, I know, rather obvious in the end, I'm surprised it took me this long too :)  In any case, the "WSC SOAP stack" used in the latest release of the Email-to-Case Agent has some other differences from Axis as well. I never did figure out what SOAP implementation the "WSC SOAP stack" was refering to, but with trial and error I was able to get done what I needed to get done. I understand the Email-to-Case Agent is less relevent due to the new On-Demand Email-to-Case and Apex Email Services but I still think the documentation should be improved. Simply having 1 small tiny customization example would have been incredibly helpful to me, and I'm sure others too.

Thanks,

Mike