function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gurditta GargGurditta Garg 

Insufficient Privileges for system administrator

I've a developer edition and which mean I'm the system administrator, I develop some pages and classes and after I logout I don't know exactly what happened to my account, for every link it displays me the following error :

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

url on the this page : https://ap1.salesforce.com/secur/NoAccess.jsp

I tried it with my other developer edition account same problem again. I've all the credentials for my account i.e.. username, password, security token. Don't know if it is a bug or my problem.??

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jeff MayJeff May

Using the creds you emailed me privately, I was able to do the following:

1) create a Force.com Project in Force IDE

2) Rt click on the Project name in the Project list and choose Properties

3) Expand Force.com and choose Project Contents

4) click Add/Remove, then select Permission Sets in the list

5) Click Appy

6) Close the Properties Window

7) Expand the permissionsets in the Project window

8) Edit a Pemission set (I used the Source view not the table view)

9) Save the changes

10) Deploy successfully to your org.

My test used the Master_Viewer permission set -- I'll email you privately the specific changes I made so you can undo them if needed.

All Answers

ibtesamibtesam

Are you accessing the links after logging into your instance??

Tanvir AnsariTanvir Ansari
Clear the browser cookies, shutdown and restart

i'm not able to access any link. every link i click it says me no access.

Jeff MayJeff May

Did you by some chance set your default home page to one of the pages you created and somehow the permissions aren't set?

actually i imorted an app from one of my sandbox account to my developer edition, obviously the permission sets had to come along with this app..and i believe the permission sets are the cause for this.

it didnt work Tanvir
Jeff MayJeff May

Assuming you don't have another account in the org with a different profile, the only thing I can think of trying is using Force IDE  , Workbench, or the Metadata API to remove the app you imported and set your permissions back.  This is based on a guess that the package changed permissions and you've basically locked yourself out.  The IDE tools use the API and don't require you to access a specific page to make org changes.  However, if your account permissions no longer allow your user API access, then I can't think of another way around.

I'm using Eclipse Force.com IDE, i imported whole of the content of my ID (Which is blocked), i deleted the app (that caused problem), now i'm trying to change permissions sets Metadata, but when i i try to save the permissions sets it saves only locally. and i'm still stuck now.. can u give me ur personal E-Mail id i'd mail to u the credentials so that u could check urself.

Jeff MayJeff May

Using the creds you emailed me privately, I was able to do the following:

1) create a Force.com Project in Force IDE

2) Rt click on the Project name in the Project list and choose Properties

3) Expand Force.com and choose Project Contents

4) click Add/Remove, then select Permission Sets in the list

5) Click Appy

6) Close the Properties Window

7) Expand the permissionsets in the Project window

8) Edit a Pemission set (I used the Source view not the table view)

9) Save the changes

10) Deploy successfully to your org.

My test used the Master_Viewer permission set -- I'll email you privately the specific changes I made so you can undo them if needed.

This was selected as the best answer

thanks Jeff,

it worked..!!

S DigalS Digal

Hi Jeffm

We are also coming across the same problem for Service Console user. Could you help to resolve it.

Many thanks in Advance.

Regards

S Digal

Matt SonesMatt Sones
I have a similar problem. With my system adminitrator account, no matter what page/tab I try to access, I either get the /secur/NoAccess.jsp page or i'm redirected to a login page where I'm asked to log in with an account that has appropriate access.

I did deploy changes (including permission sets) from a sandbox today, but everything seemed to be working fine until I logged out and logged back in...

I'm using mavensmate to assess the metadata, but I can't seem to change and deploy permissionsets. In fact, I'm only able to view portions of the permissionset source, like I don't have the right access for those, either.

Help?
Virendra Singh NarukaVirendra Singh Naruka
Hi Matt,

Please go and Check on Your profile That  "Api Only User"   is Checked or Not.   Most of time It happens. If it checked uncheck it and it will resolve. 
Matt SonesMatt Sones
@Virendra,

Yes, the API Only User permission was the issue. Thanks!