function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hi123hi123 

clarification needed

Hi, 

I need clarification on this senario,

there are two users (user1 and user2) associated with the same profile, 

and i want to give read only permision for user1 and 

i want to give read only, edit, delete permisions to the user2 for same sobject,

how can i achieve this one.......!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek

Always remember : You should never  change profiles for such scenario, or create a profile for a single use case. While users can have only one profile, they can have multiple permission sets.

Permission sets include settings for: Assigned apps,Object settings, which include:Tab settings,Object permissions,Field permissions,App permissions,Apex class access,Visualforce page access,System permissions and Service providers (only if you've enabled Salesforce as an identity provider).

Don't forget to give kudos if this reply/post helps you.

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Go with permission sets.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Sagar PareekSagar Pareek

Always remember : You should never  change profiles for such scenario, or create a profile for a single use case. While users can have only one profile, they can have multiple permission sets.

Permission sets include settings for: Assigned apps,Object settings, which include:Tab settings,Object permissions,Field permissions,App permissions,Apex class access,Visualforce page access,System permissions and Service providers (only if you've enabled Salesforce as an identity provider).

Don't forget to give kudos if this reply/post helps you.
This was selected as the best answer
hi123hi123

Hi,

This is Rajesh, thank for for your valuable response,

now i got clarification on my senario, thanks a lot.........!