function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hi123hi123 

Regarding related lists

Hi,

This is Rajesh, I want to assign a readonly and delete permision for a RELEATED LIST 

to only user who created that one, and i dnt want other users to do any operation on same Releated list,

please help me on this........!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JitendraJitendra

If you remove permission from profile then all users will be impacted. Like if you remove the edit permission then even the owner will not able to edit record.

If you change OWD/ Sharing rule, it only controls what other users can see or edit However it will not control edit.

The simplest solution will be writting Trigger which will just check that current user is owner or not else give error.

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You can't create page layout for users, you can do the same only for profiles.

But in your case, all users are of same profile and you need to restrict them so they can't modify other's records. You can set this via profile by removing Modify All access or you can do this using sharing rules.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

JitendraJitendra

If you remove permission from profile then all users will be impacted. Like if you remove the edit permission then even the owner will not able to edit record.

If you change OWD/ Sharing rule, it only controls what other users can see or edit However it will not control edit.

The simplest solution will be writting Trigger which will just check that current user is owner or not else give error.

This was selected as the best answer
hi123hi123

Hi jitendra,

if u dont mind can you post the code for trigger regarding my senario.