function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens 

Retrieve Role from the Opportunity Owner?

I've added Roles to my org recently.  And I've updated several users to have different roles.  When I do an Opportunity Report - I can select "Opportunity Owner", and "Owner Role", but they are always blank.  Even on profiles, that I am sure have a role.  

I updated specific opportunities, thinking that might make a difference, but no.  I created a new report, thinking it might be the report type (there are no custom report types), still no difference.  About the only thing I have tried is to create a new Opportunity - I might try that next. 

But, is there something about roles that I'm not quite understanding?

Thanks,

Jeff

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Found the issue - the Role Name as displayed on reports field was blank on all of the roles.  Sorry to bother everyone, but it was a good reminder exercise for me on how roles work. 

All Answers

blueflame121blueflame121
It should come , have you crossed check that you have assigned a role to opportunity owner ?

Yep - sure have.  

Also have confirmed by SOQLing the user and getting the UserRoleId.

Found the issue - the Role Name as displayed on reports field was blank on all of the roles.  Sorry to bother everyone, but it was a good reminder exercise for me on how roles work. 

This was selected as the best answer