function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LVSLVS 

Sharing reason "Associated Record Owner or Sharing" for Opportunity

We have some Account records which are private. Users are creating Opportunity records via a VF page where the association with Account records happen automatically. This is our requirement and I don't want to go into detail here.

However, in certain cases, a private Account can get associated to the Opportunity record. This makes SF grant access to everyone/group having atleast read on the opportunity to have read on the private account.

The Sharing detail page shows 'Associated Record Owner or Sharing' as the reason which in API terms means ImplicitParent.

Is there a way to avoid this? I do not want people with access to the opportunity to have access to the private account as well

~LVS

MagulanDuraipandianMagulanDuraipandian

You can use sharing rules...

http://infallibletechie.blogspot.in/2012/11/sharing-rules.html

Regards,

Magulan D

Salesforce.com certified Force.com Developer.

SFDC Blog

SFDC Site

If this post is your solution, kindly mark this as the solution and give Kudos.

LVSLVS

Thanks Magu for your reply.

However, I'm trying to restrict access and not open up access. In my situation, there are no sharing rules defined and yet a private account is visible.

vedika edulachantivedika edulachanti
I have exactly same requirement where I want to rectrict access to account when related opportunity is shared. Did you find any solution for this already? Any help in this regard is really appreciated.Thanks!