function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BdoggBdogg 

Can't Delete Outbound Messages

Hi, 

I recently created a workflow with an outbound message, there was an error on the receiving end and the messages got delayed.  Due to the error I deleted the outbound message in an attempt to delete the Queued messages, however they did not get removed from the queue.  I have tried to click "Del" and "Retry" in an attempt to get them cleared out, and neither of those buttons have any effect on the queue.  I have confirmed there are no longer any Outbound Messages in my account, does anyone know any other way to remove these, or remedy the situation?  

Thanks!

qraishqraish

Bdogg,

https://help.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/workflow_managing_outbound_messages.htm

As per the link above, Following user permissions are needed to delete Outbound message:

Customize Application
Manage Translation
Manage Territories (if territories are enabled)

BdoggBdogg

Thanks for the information, I have confirmed the proper permissions are set.  And I am able to view the outbound messages, however I still can not Delete them... any other suggestions?

qraishqraish

I see...

Could it be that since it is associated with something like workflow rule or approval process, the system is not allowing the deletion? Try to see if you can remove the outbound message as an action to the workflow rule and let me know how it goes.

Raish

BdoggBdogg

Thanks I have already deleted the Outbound Message Action along with the entire workflow associated with the outbound message, although that should have deleted them te Outbound Messages still appear in the queue. 

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Carlo CruzCarlo Cruz

Hi, I was testing and created an Outbound Message. It is not associated to any workflow but I'm unable to delete it. There's no option or button to delete it whenver I go said Outbound Message. How you could help me out.

Than you. 

Carlo