function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aparkmanaparkman 

Email Alert will not send email to assigned users

I am pretty new to Salesforce (only been working in it for a few weeks), and I'm working on a pretty big project, and I'm having an issue with an approval process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I made an approval process so that after a user submits a request, a certain group of people have to approve it. I went through the standard wizard, put a description in and specified the criteria for the process. I did not put anything in step 3 or 4 since there were many specific users I have to send it to.

I then completed the rest of it and went on to make an approval step to make it assign it to those specific users with an email template

I then made two initial submission actions. One was to change the status and the other was to send an email notification to those certain users that have to approve it. I also changed all of the user's email address to my own so I will receive them for testing purposes.

After I did all of this I went to test it. If I go in and submit a request, it will show on the approvers homepage that there are requests to approve and will let them approve them right there, but the problem I am having is that it will not send an email to them to notify them, and I can not figure out what it is that is going on. I have to be mising something, but I just don't know what it is. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

I also want them to be able to approve it from the email. Can they do that from an email notification or would I have to do something else for that?

I went to a Salesforce training session yesterday, and even the instructors there were stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Adam

Boom B OpFocusBoom B OpFocus

Hi Adam,

I would first check for Approval assignment Email Template (step 4).  If you don't have email template for that, then the approvers won't get email notification.  Then I would check the Email Deliverability settings under Setup>Administer>Email Administration.  Make sure that Access to send email has "All email" for Access level.

Regarding approve via email, you can set that up in step 5.  In security settings, select  "Allow approvers to access the approval page from within the salesforce.com application, or externally from a wireless-enabled mobile device."

Good luck

aparkmanaparkman

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured out a hour ago or so that it was the deliverabiliy settings that was causing the problems. It usually is something small like that that makes it not work right. Thanks for the help!