function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richa_LearningRicha_Learning 

Salesforce Ideas Implementation

Hi, 

I need to setup a Idea in Salesofrce for my internal Users. Does anyone has done this before and can help me to setup Ideas?

Like what information is required, the flow process, what quesions to ask in Idea?

Thanks.

Richa

Thanks this is really Helpful.

I have one requirement, please help me with this..i have asked many people but nobody is able to answer me:

I am the Admin for my org, is there a way if User post an idea in Salesforce it should come to me (Admin, as a moderator) first and I approve it, if I approve it should be visible otherwise not?
How can I get this?

thanks,
Richa
vbsvbs
Having had a quick look - There is no approval process available for Ideas object. You will have to replicate the behaviour using basic logic:
1. Use a custom Boolean field to track visibility.
2. An soon as a new idea is created have the visibility field = false and send email to Admin.
3. You can manually review and click the Checkbox or use a button for the process.
4. Build a sharing rule which will open this up for all users once Boolean field = true.

Thanks a lot :). It gave me some idea.

Actually am fairly new to Salesforce, so I understood your solution.but some help please/

1) I will create a radio button or checkbox

2) if field is false email would be sen to admin using workflow & email alerts

3) after review I can make the field true.

I need help to understand:

1) where I should create the logic, that if fields is false do not show anything to User (should I put this in validation rule?)

I am new so never used the Sharing rule also. Could you please help.

I will really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Richa Sharma

vbsvbs

Richa - Looks like there is no specific way to control OWD for Ideas. This will indeed be a problem in this context. One way I tried overcoming this was setting up a zone under Ideas. This will create a new Record Type. Just try the below alternative:

1. Setup a new zone and make it inactive.

2. When user creates a new idea set the record type id to the record type id in Step 1 using a trigger. This will hide the idea. At the same time send an email to you via WF to notify you.

3. You may have to create a custom VF page to show the ideas from zone in Step 1. HEre you can update the zone back to the default zone if ok.

I agree this is a highly convoluted solution. But due to lack of OWD for Ideas this is slightly tricky to implement I guess.

hi Vbs,

thank you so much, I really appreciate that you are taking time to help me.

But I am not good in Coding (Trigger or VF Page :(   )

Could you please help me to create Trigger and VF page?

Please.

Richa Sharma

divingglobaladmindivingglobaladmin

@richa: sounds like @vbs gave you a complete answer.

@vbs: odd thought ... can this be done via simple Chatter moderator perms?

vbsvbs
@diving - How would Chatter moderator access prevent record access to data? I would be interested to know that if you have thought of something here.
@Richa - Let me get back to yo on this?
divingglobaladmindivingglobaladmin

@vbs: I vaguely recall seeing something (unofficial internet post) that Ideas can be accessed / managed via Chatter?? I've not tried it nor seen a thread where I thought somneone was smart enuf to answer :) If this is totally wrong, pls update this thread so I know better :)

@richa: I defer to @vbs on this, so if he determines Chatter will not work I would trust that.

Cheers!

vbsvbs

@diving - The Ideas can be exposed to Communities/Chatter but what if internal users would like to see this on the standard ideas tab.

@Richa - I have had a stab at this and at this point the viable steps I see are:

1. Setup a Dummy zone under Ideas. Make this zone as inactive.

2. On insert of an Idea, in a trigger, set the CommunityID to ID of this dummy zone.

3. You will need to setup a custom VF page that queries Ideas with the community id mentioned above and approve or reject them. This will in turn set the communityId back to CommunityId of internal users.

This may need some key configuration and code. Let me know and I will assist you on this.