function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anvesh@force.comanvesh@force.com 

how to write workflow for this?

i  created a   custom field  'Owner' in sandbox  and  it  appears when the record is opened....now  need to move to production.  and  the thing is  how  to  add a workflow rule so the field updates with the current user when the record is opened. 

Any Suggestions Pls,

souvik9086souvik9086

What do you mean by when the record is opened?

Thanks

anvesh@force.comanvesh@force.com

Let me clear  first.....

Some    records(belongs to case object)  are  created.....and that  cases  assigned to  users....

after i  have requirement  to  create a field  with name 'owner'(cusom field)  having look up (in look up  displayes  users).....

now  the  requirement is  when  users  opened  the  records  the  owner  field should need to be  updated with the   current  user name......how  should i  write  field update  through workflow....

i  have this  field on  Record type  'Production Support '....so  condition  i had  taken  is

Rule Criteria -  "Created"

Case- Case  Record Type       equals     Production_Support (this is record typr name)

workflow action i had  taken  feild update  on   Owner (Custom field)....next    i  am getting  Owner  field  with look up here..what  should i  give  here   for  getting  current  user name (who  openes the record  his name).

souvik9086souvik9086

In the 

Rule Criteria

You can give any condition like AccountName != NULL like this

In the Field Update section click

Field to Update and choose Owner field and then you click

Show Formula Editor and choose from Insert Fields section User> Then firstname or Lastname what you want

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks