function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CharlieLangCharlieLang 

Branding with Salesforce Community

Our company have 2 separate lines of business, for example company A and company B.

These 2 companies have completely separate branding and styling behind them.

We have been sold one Salesforce community and have been told by a salesforce sales engineer that this is possible to do through using CSS linked to portal user profile records but we are unable to find any documentation around this.

Does anyone have an idea how this could be completed.

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Charlie,

This can be done with site.com sites, when you create a new Community site, Salesforce automatically creates a new Site.com site and associates it with your community. Please refer the following links:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=siteforce_communities_branding_styles_reference.htm&language=en_US

https://org62.my.salesforce.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/siteforce-communities-branding-map-htm

BALA_RAMBALA_RAM

Using SITE this is possibe .

if you develop pages and give it permisson globalized(site). Company A and Company B both you develop different Visualforce pages

CharlieLangCharlieLang

Hi, Thanks for the answers above but the issue is that it has to be done with the standard community setup so custom VF pages are completely out of the question.

The way i look at it is there would be 2 different profiles which would define on them somewhere which branding to go off and select a css stylesheet on login.

I have been told this is possible by a salesforce sales engineer but salesforce dont seem to have any documentation to support this. I also logged a case and the senior development team there could not resolve the issue.

__sandra____sandra__

Hello Charlie,

I suggest to create a home page component that should be displayed on all the community pages (if you are using standard salesforce stylesheet of course), in the component you should refer to a css file depending on the current user profile.

Best regards

JaneLeighJaneLeigh

Hello. I had this same exact scenario where our sales engineer gave us a demo and stated we could assign separate branding for each of our partners on our one community using profiles.

Now that I am actually setting up the Community I do not understand how this is possible.

If you have found a good answer to this, thanks for sharing!

Jane

Colin HarterColin Harter
Found this post searching for a solution.

Luckily, I found this document to help.  I cannot promise it is the most up to date file but it does have examples of the VF/Apex needed to build this. 

https://org62.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/000000000062/a/300000009tws/LkvU3h3QfrlkInnbko5d4hBvfm.yj.ZriV9En8B7aNI (See Page 11, but worth reading the entire thing. 
Manmeet SinghManmeet Singh
Hi @colin harter,

I guess you have answered the question well, but the link is an Org62 link, which might not be visible to all. Can you please post a public URL for this doc or redirect to any public article with same info?

Thanks