function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
West415West415 

Entered invalid email for user, how to correct?

When creating a new user if you enter the wrong email address, basically an invalid one on accident, how can you correct the email address?

The system seems to want to send an email to the user to verify the change, but the email address is bad so what can be done?

Thanks...

vbsvbs

Is there anything preventing you from creating a new user and deleting/inactivating the existing one?

West415West415

Nothing technical preventing me, but it seems like a hack and just feels weird.  There was a typo in the email and I can't correct it without creating a new account, deactivating the other account?   That seems a bit much not to mention the fact that now I have an inactive account that just sits there.  Yes, it's inactive, but it just looks messy in my opinion.

So there isn't a way to just correct the spelling? 

wt35wt35

When you amend the email with the correct one, a confirmation link will be sent to the updated email address, not the old one.

So the user should receive this email and then clicking on the link will fix this.

Jessica ScottJessica Scott
360 VTM App provides the solution that you are looking for. It can validate Email addresses at entry point itself. For more info take a look at the link- https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000DpPL8EAN or contact- support@360degreeapps.com

Michelle Bentley 8Michelle Bentley 8
The confrimation link is sent to the original email. An issue with just creating a new user, is that now I need to create a non standard user name that doesn't follow our company's naming conventions. I can also see plenty of opportunities for confusion. There should be a way to delete users that have never even logged in. 

Susan TaylorSusan Taylor
You can check the Generate new password and notify user immediately checkbox and that will skip the email verification for new email address.  More at this knowledge article link (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000340139&language=en_US&type=1&mode=1).
Dave FitchDave Fitch
I think people are missing the point here. If you enter an invalid email when a user is created, the password details are sent to the invalid email. The user is not able to update their email address, as they don't have access to the initial password to confirm the changes.
Sean LancasterSean Lancaster
I agree with Dave, a person cant change their email if their old email no longer works. I do see some hacks here, but really the problem seems to be salesforce themselves sending a confirmation email to the old email address (maybe they only allow you to change your email if you have the new and old email, and if you dont, you cant change it on your own?)