function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EyalEyal 

How to add a spell checker to a field in a custom object ?

Hi All,

Can I use apex ?

Can I add it to a visualforce page ?

Is there any application I can use ?

Thanks,
Eyal

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi Elad,

Right now Spell checker is only supported with TextArea type of fields in salesforce.

EyalEyal

what do you mean?

I have a custom object with a text area field, and I want to add a spell checker to that field.

How do I do that ?

Thanks,

Eyal

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi Elad,

If you have textArea field then i think you will be able to access spell checker, it's default in salesforce.

somessomes

Hi Alok,

i tried with small example by creating the text area for custom object. Salesforce it self it is not providing the Spell Checker for Test Area. it seems we need to add some functionality to use the spell checker.

somes

Alex Curran 9Alex Curran 9
Apex is a programming language developed by Salesforce specifically for their platform. If you are working with Salesforce, you can use Apex to build customizations and extensions, automate processes, and create integrations.
Yes, you can use Apex in conjunction with Visualforce pages. Visualforce is a framework for building custom user interfaces in Salesforce, and it supports Apex controllers for handling user input and performing backend operations.
To start working with Apex, you will need access to a Salesforce org. Salesforce provides a Developer Edition org that you can use for free to experiment with Apex and other platform features. You can also purchase additional orgs or obtain them through a Salesforce partner or customer.
Once you have access to a Salesforce org, you can use the built-in Apex Development Environment to write and execute Apex code. You can also use third-party development tools like Eclipse or Visual Studio Code with the Salesforce extensions to develop and debug Apex code.
There are also many applications available on the Salesforce AppExchange that use Apex, such as custom apps and integrations. You can browse the AppExchange to find apps that meet your specific needs and requirements. Source (https://sassachecker.co.za/)