function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kkaalkkaal 

AppExchange Toolkit for Eclipse: getting startet problems

Hi,

I try to work myself in the AppExchange Toolkit for Eclipse. I installed the package into my Eclipse and followed the "getting started" procedure on the website.

When I create a new project in Eclipse, it seems to work fine. But only find 2 files under SControls:
- RessourceCalendar.scf
- RessourceCalendar2.scf

If I try to open these files, it shows an Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Index out of bounds
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2926)
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2865)
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2836)
 at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.getItem(CTabFolder.java:1150)
 at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.getItem(MultiPageEditorPart.java:368)
 at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.setPageText(MultiPageEditorPart.java:683)
 at com.appexchange.plugin.editors.SControlEditor.createPages(SControlEditor.java:217)
 at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:241)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:609)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:384)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:283)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:126)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:269)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:391)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1102)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1051)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1256)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:442)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:109)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:60)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:212)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:202)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:758)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:665)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:628)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2360)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2295)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$9(WorkbenchPage.java:2287)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2273)
 at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2268)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2249)
 at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:371)
 at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:334)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:251)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:131)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.OpenActionUtil.open(OpenActionUtil.java:49)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:169)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:153)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:222)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:198)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:296)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:869)
 at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:741)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:44)
 at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:148)
 at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:739)
 at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:968)
 at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1067)
 at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:243)
 at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:238)
 at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:277)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3125)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2758)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
 at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

Can anybody tell me what's wrong here?

Thx a lot
Klaus
kkaalkkaal

Hi,

I installed Eclipse f.1.2 from scratch and imported the Salesforce Tool. Now, I do not get an Exception, but still have only 2 SControls (Calendars). How do I get the other SControls????

thx for your help

Klaus

kkaalkkaal

Please,

I installed a new Eclipse and followed this example step-by-step:

http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/

But I do not see all the SControls, the example shows up just after creating the project.

Can somebody please help me to get this introductionary example going? I need to show up some results to the customer.

Thanks

Klaus

DevAngelDevAngel
If any of your scontrols have the same scontrol names, you will find that the toolkit can't handle those well.
kkaalkkaal

Hey,

in that example on the mentioned page, they obviously get something like 22 SControls just when they create the "AppExchangeTEST" project. They all are named differently like:

- About Call Scripting.scf
- About Productforce.scf
- About Recruiting.scf

And they open "About Recruiting.scf" for demo purposes.

I can't follow these steps, because I do not find these controls. Am I doing things wrong?

Also, I find, the demo closes at the stage, when they come to the point of calling data...

Could somebody tell me how to find my way into the SControl functionalities by using the eclipse UI?

Thanks

Klaus

kkaalkkaal

Hi,

I would be very grateful for any help. If I would get an answer. Which would ideally have something to do with my question.

As there are no other sources for support available, and as the tools are all build by SF, the load for support is clearly on SF. But how other could we supply professional solutions to the customer?

So, please help me making my first steps.

Klaus

DevAngelDevAngel

The scontrols that are shown in the project are the scontrols that are in that particular users org.  If you have a new developer edition, for example, you will not see ANY scontrols, as you have not created any.

There are no sample scontrols, unfortunately, bundled with the eclipse toolkit.

kkaalkkaal

Thank you very much, DevAngel, got me on the right track.

Klaus

reptonrepton

I have a working installation of  eclipse 3.2.1.  I am trying to follow the instructions to update eclipse from

http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/

problem is that I'm getting the following error after selecting the appexchange package...

WST Common Core Feature (1.0.1.v200602151554) requires feature "org.eclipse.emf (2.1.1)", or equivalent.

I can proceed no further

thanks,

repton