function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jasonsfdcjasonsfdc 

AXIS 1.2RC2 Version Issue

I am attempting to generate the java classes using WSDL2Java for axis1.2RC2 and I am receiving the following error message.  Anyone else ever encounter this issue?  Anyone know how to correct it WITHOUT going to a different version of AXIS?  My current environment is limited to this version.

Thanks in advance!

org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.DuplicateFileException: Duplicate file name: com\sforce\soap\enterprise\DescribeLayout.java.
Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name.
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:113)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaTypeWriter.generate(JavaTypeWriter.java:113)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory$Writers.generate(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:424)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generateTypes(Parser.java:540)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generate(Parser.java:427)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.access$000(Parser.java:44)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:357)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Thanks!
SuperfellSuperfell
If you're not using the describeLayout call, you could manually edit the wsdl to remove the types that generate the problem.
jasonsfdcjasonsfdc

Thought of that, but I am attempting to do as little manual changes to the WSDL as possible.

Thanks though.

SuperfellSuperfell
Well, you're painting yourself into a corner, you won't switch axis versions to a version that's doesn't have this bug, and you won't change the input conditions to not hit the bug. You could always write an xslt transform to take out the relevant types, at least that way its repeatable. personalliy I'd bite the bullet and move to Axis 1.4
jasonsfdcjasonsfdc
Actually, Axis 1.2.1 works fine as well. 

I am also of the opinion we should move upward but my client would like every option explored.

Thanks!

Jason