function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jasonzjasonz 

Axis 1.4

My appology if this has been questioned and answered before.  I'd like to know if apache Axis version 1.4 has been officially supported or not.

From what I read from AppExchange API v7.0 documentation, it supports Axis 1.3 and JDK 5.0.

Thanks

jason

SuperfellSuperfell
depends on your definition of "offically supported", the API itself is supported (i.e. the XML request/responses as defined by the WSDL/XSD contracts), but AFAIK we don't support any client tools. You can use whatever you want as long as it generates/parses the correct XML, but its upto you to pick your tools. There are samples that use Axis (amongst many tools), but samples != supported.

I believe that Axis 1.4 works at least as well as Axis 1.3 with our API.
jasonzjasonz
That's very clear.  Thanks Simon.

Another issue I'd like to raise to Salesforce if you can pass onto (I believe you are salesforce staff).

When I ran Apache Axis 1.3 tool wsdl2java to generate java source based on salesforce partner.wsdl, there is one java file is unexpected: com/sforce/soap/partner/SforceServiceTestCase.java.  I fixed the compilation error by adding junit.jar.  I checked the file is not in partnerSamples.zip downloaded from the web, neither it is defined in partner.wsdl.

Regards

jason