function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dan.edwards61.ax837dan.edwards61.ax837 

CTI Connector crashes when run as RemoteApp

I have a client that's trying to use the CTI Connector as a RemoteApp under Terminal Services.  The app runs fine when the user logs into a standard terminal services login, but when configured to run as a RemoteApp, the program crashes at startup with a C++ runtime error.  The error message says

"The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Any ideas?

*werewolf**werewolf*

The CTI Toolkit wasn't really written or tested to be used in a remote environment, although we've heard anecdotally that it actually works OK as long as the underlying telephony library works OK in that environment (the latter of which has not always proven to be the case).  What specific telephony system are you connecting to here, and what adapter are you using?

The telephony provider is Voice4net, which is my company.  SalesforceCTI does not get far enough to open our classes, though.  The only log file generated is the browser log and it only contains 1 line:

05/23/2011 10:51:27: CBrowserConnectorModule::Start: Browser connector started.

I have run the program on this particular Terminal Server as a standard TS login.  It's just the RemoteApp part that's causing us a problem. Microsoft's doc claims that any app that runs under a TS environment will run under RemoteApp, so I'm hopeful this can be resolved with configuration changes.

Any ideas on how to get more info on what's happening? Has anybody ever run this as a RemoteApp before?

*werewolf**werewolf*

Well if you have the code then can you debug it in that environment?  As I mentioned there have been folks who have successfully run it in a terminal services or Citrix environment, although not lately that I've heard of.  In any case if you can debug into it in that environment then it might break in a place where you can see it.

I believe the crash is in SalesforceCTI.  I don't think we get that source, correct?  I was thinking about additional logging or something like that.  

*werewolf**werewolf*

The next version, coming out in a few weeks, should include the .pdb file I think, so that'll help.  However one way you can kind of debug it now is to try to run the demo adapter in that environment.  If the demo adapter does not crash like that but your adapter does then it's a fair bet the issue is in your code.  If the demo adapter does crash then the problem is like in SalesforceCTI.

sfdcAnonsfdcAnon

Hi Dan,

CTI 3.01 which will be released with Summer '11 does contain the .pdb file for SalesforceCTI.exe. This will allow you to debug any application exceptions.

@werewolf's suggestion to try with the demo adapter is also useful as it will isolate the issue to your code or ours.

It looks like you develop your own adapter. If you are a registered partner, you can get additional support via our partner support program. Here is the link - https://sites.secure.force.com/partners/PP2PartnerLoginPage .