function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zhuangzhuang 

Hi,

We are trying to prove  a concept.

We have a e-commerce website, and we want to integrate it with SalesForce via Apex platform.
Basically, some of our customers are existing sales force customer, they will create new web tab pointing to our web site, and once they log in sale forces, we want him/her automatically log in our website. Does Apex provides such possibility?

I do not feel it is possible, since no way to pass information (user credential) through.

I am new to this, so any feedback are appreciated.

Cheers

zhuang
ZitizonXZitizonX
Hey zhuang,

Hows things? yeah this is possible. Ok if I had to this (well I have done once), I will create 2 custom fields under SF User Object to hold the user name and password for each user which you gonna integrate with your system. I hope you know how to do that step?

Then create your web tab in SF. Select the type URL of course and the actual URL should be like this,

In the URL,

!User : is the SF user object
_Username and _Password is what you have defined in your custom fields.

Have a look at "Step 3. Enter the URL Details" when you create your custom tab, and look under "Available Merge Fields".

Then you need to write some code to log your users in to your website. I am not sure what sort of coding language you using but this how you do it in C# ASP.Net.

string user_name = Request.QueryString["userName"];

string passwd = Request.QueryString["password"];

After that you can check these credentials with your database.

Note : password is passing as plain text you may need to find away to encrypt it. I haven't done that yet....

Hope this helps...

Zitizon X

MunnaMunna
Hi,

Is there is any way to merge Lead Id with URL on web tab?

as i created custom web tab and opening a lead activity report at my end.
what i need that when ever any lead is selected on sales force.
so i should know the Lead Id(which lead is selected) and on the basis of selected lead i can show the report running at my local server.

it's very urgent...

Thanks in advance,
Manas