function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PallavPallav 

SFDC Attachments

Hi,

I am having a issue opening the attachments that are there in the SFDC. I have a custom .NET application that use SFDC API to retrive the names of the attached files that are there under a object. I have queried and retrive the name of the attachment and now I want to click on the name of the attachment and it should open that file. I also have created the link to open the file... but when ever I click on the link it will open up a new window, which is as expected.. but it asked me to log in also....  that is the main issue... can any one tell me how to resolve this .. is there any way that while opening up the attachment it should not ask me to log in...

Note:- All the attached docs will be public and will be of type PDF, DOC and Excel or a TXT.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Pallav
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger
Rather than directly send the user to the Attachment URL, you can send them there via the Frontdoor.jsp. This allows you to include valid session details so they don't need to login again.

See Using Frontdoor.jsp to Log Into Salesforce (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_frontdoorjsp.htm&language=en_US)