function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rlongrlong 

Job executes, No results, log or trace

I am brand new at this so I'm sure it's something obvious to those that have used it before.
I've x'd out the user name and password. There isn't any updates to the log, the trace and the csv file
doesn't get created. No error messages come up either. Can anyone see if I am missing a key piece?

I execute the job from the RUN command line, using the code listed below and I get the following results:

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
    <bean id="serialExportProcess"
          class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
      <description>Serial Number Export job gets serial number info from salesforce and saves info into a CSV file."</description>
        <property name="name" value="SerialExportProcess"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing\serialSoapTrace.log"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="xxxxxxx"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="xxxxxxxx"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Serial_Number__c"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id, Serial_Number_Key__c, Item_Number__c, Name FROM Serial_Number__c"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="true"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="z:\SFDC SERIAL TEXT\sernextr.csv"/>
                <entry key="process.statusOutputDirectory" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing\serialSoaplog.log"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

----------------------------------------

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing>call proc

ess "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing" ser

ialExportProcess

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing>if not ["

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing"] == [] g

oto run

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing>set PROCE

SS_OPTION=

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing>if not [s

erialExportProcess] == [] set PROCESS_OPTION=process.name=serialExportProcess

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing>..\_jvm\b

in\java.exe -cp ..\DataLoader.jar -Dsalesforce.config.dir="C:\Program Files\sale

sforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing" com.salesforce.lexiloader.pro

cess.ProcessRunner process.name=serialExportProcess

0 [main] INFO com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessConfig  - Loading process

configuration from config file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loade

r 11.0\Batch Processing\process-conf.xml

5496 [main] INFO org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader

- Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex D

ata Loader 11.0\Batch Processing\process-conf.xml]

5496 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader

- Using JAXP implementation [com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBu

ilderFactoryImpl@1256ea2]

5559 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.ResourceEntityResolver

- Trying to resolve XML entity with public ID [-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN] and syst

em ID [http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd]

5559 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.ResourceEntityResolver

- Trying to locate [spring-beans.dtd] in Spring jar

5575 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.ResourceEntityResolver

- Found beans DTD [http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd] in class

path

5622 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinition

Parser  - Loading bean definitions

5637 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinition

Parser  - Default lazy init 'false'

5637 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinition

Parser  - Default autowire 'no'

Parser  - Default dependency check 'none'

5653 [main] INFO org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory  - JDK 1.4+ collecti

ons available

5669 [main] INFO org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory  - Commons Collectio

ns 3.x available

5669 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory  - Creating [java.u

til.LinkedHashMap]

5669 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinition

Parser  - Found 1 <bean> elements in file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex

Data Loader 11.0\Batch Processing\process-conf.xml]

Rick.BanisterRick.Banister
We have been told by Salesforce.com product management that the command line interface to Data Loader is not considered something for the general public to use, that it was designed primarily for Salesforce.com internal use.

Might I suggest taking a look at Relational Junction? This is a fully supported replication product that supports  bi-directional replication on all  O/S platforms and 6 relational database platforms.
rlongrlong
I haven't heard anything suggesting we not use DataLoader line command. Excuse me being skeptical as it appears you are affiliated with the product you suggest that I use. Do you know where it was stated about the DataLoader being a tool for SalesForce developers?
SuperfellSuperfell
I have a feeling the operation value is case sensitive, try Extract, rather then extract.
rlongrlong
Gave it a shot. No luck. Thanks anyway.
Rick.BanisterRick.Banister
This was a conversation I had with a Salesforce product manager.

Yes, I am more than affiliated with Relational Junction's company, Sesame Software. Don't know why that would be a problem. It's not bias, it's passion. We have customers world wide, including some of Salesforce.com's largest customers, that depend on Relational Junction for mission critical operation. Our only competition for this bi-directional functionality is from products that are severely lacking in functionality, like being uni-directional only, requiring you to drop your tables every time you make a schema change, limiting you to only one database platform instead of all of them, requiring you to truncate tables to get rid of deleted records instead of marking them deleted and keeping them as archived records. It takes 10 minutes to install and configure Relational Junction and you're on your way to accomplishing what you're boss asked you to do in the first place instead of making excuses for late projects or crippled functionality.

Give us a look.
AlexWSFDCAlexWSFDC
Couple of things:
1. process.statusOutputDirectory should be a directory and not a file.
2. The log file should be in the temporary directory, the file name is sdl.log.
rlongrlong
Couple of things:
1. process.statusOutputDirectory should be a directory and not a file.
    It is a directory.
2. The log file should be in the temporary directory, the file name is sdl.log.
    They are empty. sdl.log and sdl_out.log

Thanks.