function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prbprb 

Update Outbound Message Endpoint with API

Is there any way to use the API to update the endpoint URL of an outbound message?
I'd like to implement a script that would update my sandbox instance to point our workflow to our development environment.
Not sure this is possible...

SuperfellSuperfell
You should be able to update that via the Metadata API, see the WorkflowOutboundMessage type in the metadata WSDL.
tstrongtstrong

I have looked everywhere for a place to bulk update the Endpoint URL in all of our outbound messages.  Any ideas how I can do that?  I didn't see the object in the Dataloader, Eclipse, or the Apex Explorer.

Any help would be appreciated!

GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

Hi guys,

anybody found a solution for this? I am also looking for a way to NOT copy over outbound message endpoints from Production to Sandbox whenever I do a Sandbox refresh.. Since if we don't do that, the system will make our test messages go to external production systems.

Tnx, Guy

prbprb

There is no solution for this.  I have stopped using the refresh from Sandbox becasue it has no referential integrity.  It just quits when you hit your data ceiling without regard for the quality of the data.

It's better to just have some in csv format ready to load...

seahorceseahorce

The solution that I came up with is to create a project in Eclipse that holds the outbound message workflows in it.  I then modify the endpoint URLs to what I want them to be and save all of the files.

I refresh the entire project just before refreshing my sandbox.  After the sandbox is refreshed, I force a save of my project to the environment which will overwrite the outbound messages that are copies of production.

I've been using this process for about 4 months now and have refreshed 4 times.  I haven't had any issues with it yet.

GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

Thanks for your replies.

I think I'll go for seahorce's solution. It was unavoidable that at some point we'd have to introduce a 'sandbox refresh manual' with some manual steps, instead of just clicking the refresh button. Also e.g. to prevent emails from being sent out of sandbox environments to addresses copied from production.

Thanks again,

Guy