function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
glorgeglorge 

Java Heap Error on Salesforce side?

Hello,

Sorry if this is a dumb question - information on AxisFaults is quite scarce. 

I'm getting the following AxisFault when upserting to Salesforce:

Code:
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server
 faultSubcode: 
 faultString: Java heap space
 faultActor: 
 faultNode: 
 faultDetail: 
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Java heap space
        at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:633)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:719)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1685)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:834)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:375)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
        at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
        at com.atc.sforce.stubs.SoapBindingStub.upsert(SoapBindingStub.java:3417)

I'm looking at the faultCode and seeing "Server"... does that mean that this is occurring on the Salesforce side? 

werewolfwerewolf
No, probably not, since Salesforce.com doesn't use Axis to serve the web services.  What if you just jack up your heap size and try it again?
MVJMVJ
We were getting a heap space error over and over again on a program that was written by SFDC Professional Services. 

They told us to increase the heap space. We increased the heap space and still keep getting the error.

I I decided to review the code and found that the developer did a very poor job of cleaning up variables and record set connections to SFDC.

I modified the code to close record sets that were no longer used and set then to null.