function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunil NandipatiSunil Nandipati 

Error using CLI ( less than operator not being identified)

My CLI has a SOQL with a '<' and a '>' condition.  Getting this error

110 [main] ERROR com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessConfig  - Error loading process: SFDCCaseExtractProcess configuration from config file: C:\Extraction\Beans\process-conf.xml
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 22 in XML document from file [C:\Extraction\Beans\process-conf.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The value of attribute "value" associated with an element type "entry" must not contain the '<' character.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:

The value of attribute "value" associated with an element type "entry" must not contain the '<' character.

Is '<' operator not supported by CLI in a SOQL.

Is there a substitution variable i can use?

Plz suggest.

Regards

Sunil Nandipati.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ChristineWChristineW

Hi,

I came across the same problem when using Data Loader from the command line - my SOQL statment needed a <> in it - I solved the problem by substituting &lt;&gt; as below

(I found this explanation at http://opensource.devx.com/tips/Tip/14068 and thought it was worth a try)

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id, AccountCode__c, Name from Account where LastModifiedDate = TODAY and AccountCode__c &lt;&gt; NULL"/>

Hope this helps.

Christine

All Answers

ChristineWChristineW

Hi,

I came across the same problem when using Data Loader from the command line - my SOQL statment needed a <> in it - I solved the problem by substituting &lt;&gt; as below

(I found this explanation at http://opensource.devx.com/tips/Tip/14068 and thought it was worth a try)

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id, AccountCode__c, Name from Account where LastModifiedDate = TODAY and AccountCode__c &lt;&gt; NULL"/>

Hope this helps.

Christine

This was selected as the best answer
pchadha20pchadha20

Thanks for the reference...

I do had the same problem "The value of attribute "value" associated with an element type "entry" must not contain the '<' character" related to <=.

I used &lt;= and it got resoloved

Sunil NandipatiSunil Nandipati

Christine,

Thanks a bunch.  This helps.

Btw you can use != for <>.

Regards,

Sunil Nandipati.