function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
praveenkb146praveenkb146 

How to intercept login request and change Profile

Hello,

I am a java developer. After i login to salesforce, i need a custom way to set the profile settings i.e, intercept the login request and set the individual permissions(in the profile object) manually. Is there any way i can achieve this funtionality ? Please provide your inputs/suggestions.

Best Regards

CaffeineCaffeine

Praveen,

If I'm understanding what you're asking, there is no way to do this. Login calls would need to be intercepted on the server side, but there are no code hooks that allow a programmer to intercept it.

Each login already has a Profile associated it with it.  Why would you want to change the Profile attributes dynamically upon login?  Most times, one profile is shared between many users.

praveenkb146praveenkb146

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the login calls can be intercepted on the server side. The reason why i want this functionality is that i want to use external authorization rules with salesforce. This will enable me to set the authorization rules in our external authorization server.

Please let me know if there are any other possibilities.

Thanks in advance,

Praveen

CaffeineCaffeine

Praveen,

You can use external authentication with saleforce (known in the lingo as: 'delegated authentication'), but this only allows you to make 'go/no go' decisions on a user login from an external system.  There is no supported way to 'delegated authorization' in which an external system makes decisions about a user's privileges within the salesforce.com application.

Hope this helps.