function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
whatcounts_joewhatcounts_joe 

Invalid element in com.sforce.soap._2006._04.metadata.AsyncResult - secondsToWait

I'm getting this exception when trying to use MetadataBindingStub.retrieve

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.sforce.soap._2006._04.metadata.AsyncResult - secondsToWait
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2470)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
        at com.sforce.soap._2006._04.metadata.MetadataBindingStub.retrieve(MetadataBindingStub.java:2124)

I've re-generated the APIs using the metadata WSDL to see if there was something amiss with my APIs, but the error remains.

API version is 17.0

Not sure the version of Axis (inherited project) but suspect 1.4

This error appears to be coming from the Salesforce side because "secondsToWait" is nowhere to be found in my code, not in the WSDL and not in the generated APIs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Nevermind . . . found the problem. The issue was in my attempt to re-use an existing SoapBindingStub and LoginResult, I rewrote the code to generate a MetadataBindingStub and used that instead of re-logging in. What I didn't realize is that this particular piece of code required the enterprise SoapBindingStub and LoginResult, and I was using the MetadataBindingStub with the partner SoapBindingStub and LoginResult. It wasn't apparent until I re-wrote the method declaration to directly pass in the SoapBindingStub and LoginResult, and then Eclipse complained that my method signature and declaration were not compatible.

All Answers

Nevermind . . . found the problem. The issue was in my attempt to re-use an existing SoapBindingStub and LoginResult, I rewrote the code to generate a MetadataBindingStub and used that instead of re-logging in. What I didn't realize is that this particular piece of code required the enterprise SoapBindingStub and LoginResult, and I was using the MetadataBindingStub with the partner SoapBindingStub and LoginResult. It wasn't apparent until I re-wrote the method declaration to directly pass in the SoapBindingStub and LoginResult, and then Eclipse complained that my method signature and declaration were not compatible.

This was selected as the best answer
theressa999theressa999

Can you please suggest me on "How to set the profiletabvisibility" for standard tabs such as "Accounts" or "Leads"????

I could able to set to the permissions for the custom tabs through metadata api. but I am not able to set the permissions for standard tabs.

Please help me if you come across this kind of situation

I haven't actually dealt with this, but found out that this can only be set in API version 17.0 and higher. See this link (it's almost half-way down the page). I'm using version 16.0 myself, so would likely run into this if I attempted to try it.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_profile.htm