function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lovecrmlovecrm 

Error while extracting data through command line dataloader

Hi All,

When iam running the Process for dataextract through command line dataloader, iam getting the following error:

Can anyone of you know where iam doing the mistake.

I changed the values in config-properties and Process-conf.xml files.

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 18.0\bin>process ./conf csvAccountExtractProcess

0 [main] INFO com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig  - Loading process
 configuration from config file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loade
r 18.0\bin\.\process\process-conf.xml
47 [main] INFO org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader  -
Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Dat
a Loader 18.0\bin\.\process\process-conf.xml]
47 [main] ERROR com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig  - Error loading
 process: csvAccountExtractProcess configuration from config file: C:\Program Fi
les\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 18.0\bin\.\process\process-conf.xml
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException pars
ing XML document from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 18.
0\bin\.\process\process-conf.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundExcep
tion: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 18.0\bin\.\process\proces
s-conf.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader
18.0\bin\.\process\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
        at org.springframework.core.io.FileSystemResource.getInputStream(FileSys
temResource.java:85)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:167)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:148)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanFactory.<init>(XmlBeanFa
ctory.java:68)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanFactory.<init>(XmlBeanFa
ctory.java:56)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getBeanFactory(Proces
sConfig.java:79)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(Pr
ocessConfig.java:68)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRu
nner.java:256)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRu
nner.java:242)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:221)

Thanks in advance.

Thankyou,

Carol.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
lovecrmlovecrm

Hi Ankit

I used CLIq tool which works great. It is a free tool and just download and place the CLIq folder in Apex Data Loader folder and run the cliq batch file. This resolved my problem and it generates the config file and there is no need of changing or setting the paths.

Hope this helps you.

http://code.google.com/p/dataloadercliq/

Thankyou,

Carol

All Answers

SBryantSBryant

I, too, am struggling to overcome this problem.  I have Versions 18 and 16 of the Apex Data Loader (ADL) installed on my Dev machine.  I am able to get my processes to work properly when using version 16, but when I try to run my process with version 18, I get the same error message.

I haven't found the problem yet and do not think it is related to the PATH or CLASSPATH variables.  Nor do I think it is related to the version of Java on my machine since it works with the ADL 16.0

Have you been able to get past this problem?  If so, I'd be interested in learning how.

Thanks,

Steve

SBryantSBryant
I've found out what's going on and have a solution (at least, in my situation). It appears that Salesforce.com changed the Java class name changed between versions 16 and versions 18 of the Apex Data Loader. In version 16 the class in both the Process.bat file and the process-conf.xml file is listed as: com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner. In version 18, the name in the Process.bat file is com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner. (Notice the difference between the words "lexiloader" and "dataloader"). So, to summarize: The class that is used in the process-conf.xml file needs to match the class that is given in the process.bat file.
SBryantSBryant

I think there is a bug in the SalesForce.com Apex Data Loader documentation.  I think the command should be "process ../conf" (two dots) rather than "process ./conf" (one dot).

lovecrmlovecrm

Hi Steve,

I checked both the names as dataloader in Process.conf and process.bat files but still getting the error.

I had given the command process ../conf csvAccountExtractProcess.

can you tell me which version of java are you using for Data loader 18.0.

Thankyou Steve..

CAROL.

Ankit@pslAnkit@psl

I am also struggling with the same problem.Class name as replied previously is same still there is some problem. I am also getting the Java.IO.filenot found Exception.I think there is some other way of providing the Path of the .xml file .

Please reply as soon as you get the solution for this problem.

lovecrmlovecrm

Hi Ankit

I used CLIq tool which works great. It is a free tool and just download and place the CLIq folder in Apex Data Loader folder and run the cliq batch file. This resolved my problem and it generates the config file and there is no need of changing or setting the paths.

Hope this helps you.

http://code.google.com/p/dataloadercliq/

Thankyou,

Carol

This was selected as the best answer