function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
theressa999theressa999 

How to get Standard App names From SalesForce

hi,

is there any way to list out all the Standard Apps Internal  Names (like: Sales,Ideas,Call Center )from  SF instance?

i'm using JAVA and an enterprise WSDL.

please help to solve this issue.

regards,

Adithya k

SuperfellSuperfell

see the describeTabs call.

theressa999theressa999

i want to get the names from SalesForce. like for Standard tabs i use "standard-Account " to retrive the object .On that way i want to retrive  (Call Center,Sales,Ideas) is their any way to get this if so please help me

Regards

Adithya k

SuperfellSuperfell

As i said, see the describeTabs call, it includes the names of the applications.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/sforce_api_calls_describetabs.htm

theressa999theressa999

Hi simon,

I followed the way you said earlier, but i get the "label names" for standard App (like sales, ideas,call-centre). By using these label names iam setting the visibility but the changes are not reflected in salesforce.com,.Please suggest me if  there is  any other way to retrive the names of the standard App's  in salesforce.

Regards,

Adithya K

SuperfellSuperfell

I'm sorry, i don't follow, what exactly are you using it for once you have it ?

theressa999theressa999

Hi simon,

This is the Code which i have using in my Application. My goal is, If i make any changes in my Application it should  reflect in salesforce.com 

But the bellow code is reflecting only to Custom App

As i am hardcoding the Custom App Name  like this

ProfileApplicationVisibility pat=new ProfileApplicationVisibility("Force_com",false,true);

" Force_com" is the custom App Name in My Application which i have created in SalesForce.com .

The Code Works Fine & The Changes are reflecting

But when i am trying for Standard App like this  

ProfileApplicationVisibility pat=new ProfileApplicationVisibility("Call Center",false,true);

The Changes are not reflecting in salesforce.com & I am getting the Following error for it

java.lang.Exception: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY msg: In field: application - no CustomApplication named Call Center found

EnterpriseProfileClient.java:222)MetaDataProfileClient.java:181)ProcessBusinessDelegator.java:63)

********************************************************************************************

String profileName="";

ArrayList<ProfileApplicationVisibility> profileApplicationVisibilityList =null;

ProfileApplicationVisibility[] pav=null;

if(profileName.equals("")){

p=new Profile();

p.setFullName(resourceDetails.getProfileFullName());

profileName=resourceDetails.getProfileFullName();

ProfileApplicationVisibilityList = new ArrayList<ProfileApplicationVisibility>();

}

f(profileApplicationVisibilityList.size()>0) {

pav=new ProfileApplicationVisibility[profileApplicationVisibilityList.size()];

p.setApplicationVisibilities((ProfileApplicationVisibility[])profileApplicationVisibilityList.toArray(pav));

}

ProfileApplicationVisibilityList = new ArrayList<ProfileApplicationVisibility>();

ProfileApplicationVisibility pat=new ProfileApplicationVisibility("Sales",false,true);

profileApplicationVisibilityList.add(pat);

if(profileApplicationVisibilityList.size()>0) {

pav=new ProfileApplicationVisibility[profileApplicationVisibilityList.size()];

p.setApplicationVisibilities((ProfileApplicationVisibility[])profileApplicationVisibilityList.toArray(pav));

}

***********************************************************************************

I should reflect the changes of Standard App Names  in  salesforce

please help to solve this issue.

Regards,

Adithya K

theressa999theressa999

Anybody come across the solution to my problem???? .

Thanks;

Adithya k

gaurav.dixitgaurav.dixit

I am also getting the same problem for java api. can any body halp me ???

cbonocbono

I too am running into this same issue.