function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PrasadVRPrasadVR 

opp stage

Hi,

When ever  opp stage  is closed Won then i want (type and some other picklist field) to read only in edit mode How can we achive this,is it possible in without using any code (or) using triggers ?

PrachiPrachi

Yes..its possible to do so via record types and workflow rules.
As an example you can do the following:
1. Create two page layouts:
a. Open Opportunities Layout (you can set the read-only, editable options here according to your requirement)
b. Closed Opportunities Layout (you can set the read-only, editable options here according to your requirement)
2. Create two record types:
a. Open Opporunities - Choose as default
b. Closed Opportunities
3. Set the 'Page Layout Assignment' for each record type
a. Open Opportunities Layout for Open Opporunities Record Type
b. Closed Opportunities Layout for Closed Opportunities Record Type
4. The next step will be to create a workflow rule on Opportunity. Here you can check if Stage = 'Closed Won'. If true, you can add a field update to set the record type to 'Closed Opportunities Record Type'. This will also change the page layout and hence will allow your user to edit fields according to your requirement.

PrasadVRPrasadVR

I Tried like that only but its nit getting,is it requried to change any settings iam salesforce learner using developer edition, i tried to change Administrative Permissions but its not editable for me,so i created user with profile as standard platform user ,here in Administrative Permissions iam not getting  Edit Read Only Fields .......How can i slove this problem