function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EDGE_XEDGE_X 

Importing Polish Characters via the Lead Import Wizard

-1. When saving my Excel file into .csv format, the polish characters become question marks (??) 
-2. I enabled the Polish language in Excel to allow the support of these characters but it didn't work and still encountered the same issue.

-3. I Looked at the Online help and training documents and couldn't find any help.
-4. I asked a question on the community and got a reply to encode my csv under UTF coding which I cannot do because the option to save a csv with a UTF coding doesn't exist in Excel. He also said that if not possible, then to re-open the CSV file onto a notepad and save under UTF. However when re-opening with notepad, the ?? still appear.

I am desperately trying to find a solution on how to import these characters in Salesforce. Would it be possible to provide assistance ?

brianwenzlbrianwenzl

Hi EDGE_X

I have had the same problem with Excel.  In the end the solution I found was to open the files with OpenOffice (before EVER opening them in Excel) and do my manipulations in OpenOffice.  You can download OpenOffice for free, and while it doesn't look quite as nice as Excel it seems to handle character set (and date format!) issues better.

Let me know if this helps.  The key for me was to NEVER open my csv files with Excel.  I'm sure someone out there has a better solution.

Brian

EDGE_XEDGE_X

Thanks brian, youa re actually correct, I was able to import the file when I used open office to set the codeing to UTF-8. That way, I was able to import the file. Thanks!