function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ddennddenn 

On Premise + On Demand Email-to-Case Issue

Hi All -

I'm having a bit of a trouble here... I'm trying to enable a few new email-to-case (e2c) rules in an existing org which already has the on-premise e2c java toolkit operating.

In a sandbox, I've enabled On-Demand e2c and configured a gmail account to redirect to the SFDC provided alias.  It takes in the case just fine, but for some reason the record type is being changed after it has been created.

I've specified a record type in the e2c configurtion but after it is created, it changes to the default value for the either the System Admin profile or the Automated Case User (I can't tell which it is, as that user has Sys Admin profile).  I've already confirmed that it is happening post create (see underline section below) and is not attributed to a workflow or trigger.  

When I change the default record type of the Sys Admin profile to CertSec Case Working, it does not change the record type (which is what I want)... but that is not an option as there are other E2C rules using that.  Furthermore, the Sys Admin profile already has access to the CertSec Case Working record type, so it seems like a bug.  Help! 

REDACTEDChanged Priority Change Time to 9/24/2012 3:06 PM.
 Changed Case Record Type from CertSec Case Working to Case Working.
 Created.