function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alexsummersalexsummers 

hook to UI events

Good day!!!

I'm just wondering if hooking to UI events is possible now with  Sforce 5.0. Or are there work arounds already to program events

Basically I would like an sforce control do something when the save button on the Accounts tab is clicked.

Thanks in advance!!!

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Alex,

Nope, still can't do that.  Sorry.

alexsummersalexsummers

Thanks for the reply Dave

I read a thread that the 3 alternatives would be Polling every 5 minutes, Workflow Alert and Weblinks.

Does anyone discovered new ways to handle event driven processing? And does anyone have experiences using the 3 alternatives above?

darozdaroz
I have two problems that I had to solve...

1. Need to update records often, very often, (calculated fields on an 'invoice' object)
2. Need to have certain data stored with a lead, and the inability to do so after it is converted.

Both of those cases, the first being a requirement to show some responsiveness to the user, the second to get those updates in as fast as possible as we have times where a lead is entered and converted in very very short order. (under 2 mins total time)

Workflow simply gives us the ability to create tasks -- so I'd have to monitor for those tasks to be created, and it really doesn't help me for my problem.

Weblinks are a partial solution -- we convert opportunities to invoices (and assets and, and...) via the weblink and for those conversions all the asundry updates (invoice calculations, warranty calcs.. etc) are done by the weblinked sControl.

Polling is the name of the game for us. We monitor about a dozen objects at intervals ranging from 24 hours (monitoring for daily expiration of certain data) to 20 seconds (leads and invoices). Most polling is done at one minute intervals. The net result is thousands of hits per day on the API servers. A pain in the rear, but it works. Given that a vast majority of those API calls areturn no changed/updated data an event trigger system would be an ideal way to shead load.