function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
john sanjohn san 

Mandatory one time popup page - I'm stuck

I've been searching and tried a few different ways to do this...I'm stuck.  Here is what I've done so far.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s19/sh/11e2cdc9-1451-4eae-977f-d25de853bcc1/3ecf53232ad644a765bac79cdd14fbe1

The requirement is to be able to have users read/accept a user policy one time.  I've seen several posts about this, but no answer that seems to work.  I'm hopeful someone could lend a hand.

Thanks!

Jeff MayJeff May

Once a user has accepted, you can store that 'acceptance' on the User record. Then, in your page controller, decide to display the page or just redirect to the next page based on whether this User field is set.

john sanjohn san

Thanks....got that part down ok.  Just can't figure out how to force the popup screen when the user logs in.

Jeff MayJeff May

Sorry -- missed that.   Two ways come to mind:

1) create a VF page to use as the home page, which either displays the popup or redirects to the normal Home Page

2) (and I haven't tried this) a trigger on the User record if the "Last Login" changes?  This will be tricky if the user also logsin via the API or an integration solution such as SF for Outlook.