function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
simsonsimson 

Lookup Search not providing required result set

Hi All,

We have a lookup of Address__c object on various Objects like Account, Contact etc.

When the user opens the lookup dialog box of Address object and tries to search using some keywords, it does not provide all the results.
However , when we query the same object in workbench we see all the required results.

Eg: On GUI: After we click and open the Lookup Dialog object from Contact record, we enter the "Street Name" in the Search Textbox and click Go.

Then we refine the search using filter criteria  on some fields like HouseNumber  Field (say 123) and Post Code field (say 1008)  we get 1record.
When we do the same query on workbench using Street Name = 'StreetName' and PostCode__c = '1008' and housenumber__c = 123, we get 3 records.

Also, The Record type is same for all the records.

Any reasons why we do not see all the results in GUI as this impacts the search the  Users perform due to their inability to search for their records?

Thanks 

Simson

prakash_sfdcprakash_sfdc

Hi,

I am not very sure, but I think when you are querying using SOQL, you are searching for exact match. The search lookup will find matching strings. Hence, sometimes the results will vary.

simsonsimson
Thanks for your Reply.
However If the search lookup is a LIKE Search and not a Exact search then it is not restrictive and should return a result instead, right?

prakash_sfdcprakash_sfdc

Ya correct, but it has happened with me as well.  Can you check are there any Lookup filters applied in the field ?