function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kittu9kittu9 

Adding Custom buttons to related lists in salesforce

I am having two object. Eg: A & B two custom objects. These both are having master detail relation ship. A is Master object to B object. In the "A" object for the "B related list" i want to add custom button beside to the standard buttonss. Can any one help me on this ???

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
harsha__charsha__c

Hi kittu,

create a list view button for object B and add it from page layout.

Once this is done, just check your ralated list. You can see the button on the related list.

This means whichever buttons are visible in the list view of an object, the same will also appear in the related lists

All Answers

@anilbathula@@anilbathula@

HI 

Goto Object b goto->Custom buttons and links->new->enter name->label->Display button .

Choose list button and  choose the behaviour and  action source to perform some action on clicking the button.

Go to A object page layout come down to b object related list and click on properties icon.

You can see the buttons label in blue click it you can see avalable and selected list side by side.

Choose the new created button from available list and move it to selected list and change the page layout of A object

Thats it you can have a custom button along with standard buttons.

harsha__charsha__c

Hi kittu,

create a list view button for object B and add it from page layout.

Once this is done, just check your ralated list. You can see the button on the related list.

This means whichever buttons are visible in the list view of an object, the same will also appear in the related lists

This was selected as the best answer
kittu9kittu9

Thanks harsha