function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mnickelsmnickels 

Need help installing force.com ide

Hello.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.  I have 32bit java installed so I downloaded the Windows 32bit installer from http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

To install it, I had to use run as administrator.  After the install I went to the Software and Workspace Center, selected the four updates and hit apply.  It did it's thing and told me it had to be restarted.  I clicked ok to have it restart now, and now I cannot open the IDE.

Two processes called forceide.exe were running in the background - not using any CPU. I manually ended them, and now the main screen won't come back up at all. The start of my .log file is listed below.

What am I doing wrong? I'm new to salesforce.com and I would like to look at our APEX code on our current site.

Start of .log file:

!SESSION 2013-02-20 11:48:21.903 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_13
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -Xms40m -Xmx256m
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -Xms40m -Xmx256m

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 4 0 2013-02-20 11:48:29.485
!MESSAGE Could not load library: jWinHttp-1.0.0.dll
!STACK 0
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jWinHttp-1.0.0 in java.library.path
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.WindowsProxyProvider.<clinit>(WindowsProxyProvider.java:25)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager.<init>(ProxyManager.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager.getProxyManager(ProxyManager.java:88)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.Activator.start(Activator.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:449)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:405)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.common.http.CommunicationsServices.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.initializeCommunicationsWithWizardIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.doValidateServerConnection(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.initializeServerConnection(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.internal.PulseInitializer.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.PulseServices.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.targetcfg.ui.PulseActivator.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:370)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1068)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:220)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:330)

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
imutsavimutsav

I suppose you should install 64bit JRE(including jdk 1.6 NOT 1.7) and install Windows Installer (64-bit). I believe this should work.