function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sieb4mesieb4me 

question on migration..

We plan to do data migration one siebel crm  to salesforce, does anyone know if org data and positions data which mean a lot in siebel need to be migrated for records to show?

thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
vbsvbs

@sieb4me - You need to understand how data visibility is controlled in Salesforce v/s Siebel. The visibility is driven by OWD settings for each object. Similar to Positions in Siebel you have roles in Salesforce which do not necessarily have to map to organization hierarchy but can be setup as per your needs to increase visibility and record sharing. 

You can enable Divisions in Salesforce and then have records assigned a division id to replicate the Siebel multi-org setup. You can raise any other concerns and I will try to assist you.

All Answers

souvik9086souvik9086

IN salesforce objects and fields need to be there before doing the migration from for the records to show. In seibel what you are asking for Org data and positions data, seibel related questions plz ask in other threads.

Thanks

vbsvbs

@sieb4me - You need to understand how data visibility is controlled in Salesforce v/s Siebel. The visibility is driven by OWD settings for each object. Similar to Positions in Siebel you have roles in Salesforce which do not necessarily have to map to organization hierarchy but can be setup as per your needs to increase visibility and record sharing. 

You can enable Divisions in Salesforce and then have records assigned a division id to replicate the Siebel multi-org setup. You can raise any other concerns and I will try to assist you.

This was selected as the best answer
sieb4mesieb4me
Thanks a lot. I will let you know once we start migration.
Can you tell me how attachments will go to SR, way i am guessing is salesforce cases will have hidden field for siebel case id which will be used to attach attachments?
Vishnu Prasad 18Vishnu Prasad 18
Hi sieb4me,

Have you already migrated data from siebel to SFDC or done integration between both systems. If yes, kindly provide the details via mail if possible. You can send me the document if you have any.

vishnu3p@gmail.com    ..this is my mail id.
Oleksandra LukavetskaOleksandra Lukavetska
Hi @sieb4me,
I'm sure that you migrated your data from Siebel to Salesforce a long time ago. 

However, I'd like to tell my story about the similar migration. 
At first, I thought that data transfer is an easy task. So, I began moving the records by myself. But, it took too much time and efforts, so it made me look for another way out.
After that, I decided to hire a freelancer for that task. But it was not a good idea as well because of its cost.
As a result, automatic data migration became my way out. It helped me to save all the time, money and do not waste labour. 
You may take a look at that service on Salesforce Appexchange 
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EjVSuUAN .

Best regards