function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nick23464nick23464 

Creating an I-frame inside a Salesforce Tab

I want to create a custom application that has an i-frame inside of the Salesforce contact tab. Basically whenever a CRM user accesses one of their contacts, they will see all of the usual fields from the Contacts tab plus my i-frame.

I tried editing the Contacts tab but was not able to figure out where to click to change the VisualForce.

Does Salesforce not allow me to edit their contacts tab? Do I need to create a custom tab inorder to add in the i-frame?

thanks in advance,

Nick

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Boom B OpFocusBoom B OpFocus

Hi nick,

First you have to create a Visualforce page under Setup>Develop>Pages.  It could be something like this.  Make sure you set "standardController" to the object that you want to put the iFrame on the layout.

<apex:page standardController="Contact">
 <apex:iframe src="http://www.salesforce.com" scrolling="true" id="theIframe"/>
</apex:page>

Then go to the Contact layout that you want to put the iFrame on.  You can add a new section for it and then click Visualforce Pages and drag the page that you just created to that new section.

All Answers

Boom B OpFocusBoom B OpFocus

Hi nick,

First you have to create a Visualforce page under Setup>Develop>Pages.  It could be something like this.  Make sure you set "standardController" to the object that you want to put the iFrame on the layout.

<apex:page standardController="Contact">
 <apex:iframe src="http://www.salesforce.com" scrolling="true" id="theIframe"/>
</apex:page>

Then go to the Contact layout that you want to put the iFrame on.  You can add a new section for it and then click Visualforce Pages and drag the page that you just created to that new section.

This was selected as the best answer
nick23464nick23464

Thanks so much.