function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dannodanno 

conceptual guidance required

Hi,

I have created some custom classes and visualforce pages that work great in my DE. I want to get these into my clients PROFESSIONAL edition environment but I'm a little unsure of the best approach.

My understanding is that custom apex can only be added to PE as a managed package, by a salesforce development partner after a code security review.

On this basis I have signed up for the partner program and I'm ready to roll...

My confusion comes from the nature of my customizations, as I never created a new app, or custom objects. My code extends the standard standardcontrollers, uses redirects to display custom pages from standard buttons and only requires a few custom fields on the standard objects.

My question is how do I package this as an app when it is not created as a new app, just a bunch of classes and pages.

Daniel

vbsvbs
If its a small number of objects that need to be moved across orgs and not necessarily as a package then try using Eclipse or Ant to deploy the changes. Packages is an overkill.
With Eclipse try registering a project for your DE Org and another one for your client org. Select all components that you need for deployment and select deploy and provide the target client org credentials.
If familiar with ANT then you will need to create a package.xml file for retrieval from DE org and use the retrieved metadata to deploy to client org. Either of these are a tried and tested method.
Note: I haven't tried this with Professional edition org's as targets but I guess this should not be an issue as I haven't read otherwise.