function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
THBrunoTHBruno 

Flow display text with formula

Hi,

In my flow, I would like to decide dynamically which text will appear in the "Display Text"  element for the user.

I've tried this but it is literally printing it out and not interpreting it:

{!IF((1 = 1),"Case A","Case B")}

Anyone knows how I can get it working?

Thanks!

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Hey, 

Please let me know that  on what condition you want to display Text. if you have any condition then please let me know so I can provide you appropirate formula field.

THBrunoTHBruno

Take the example of varA, a boolean.

So if the boolean (varA) is true, show the text "Case A", if not, show the text "Case B".

THBrunoTHBruno

Please?

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

If you have one field on this object 'VarA' whose API is VarA__c ( it is checkbox type custom field)

Now if you want to show Text 'CaseA' when VarA__c is true and 'CaseB' when VarA__c  is False then correct formula would be 

IF(VarA__c = true, 'CaseA', 'CaseB')

fifedog15fifedog15
I've been trying to figure this out myself and for future posterity I hope this helps someone, or at least myself when I forget. 

On my flow I have one screen where I want to show some text based on a criteria: Based on data entered on the screen I check to see if the dates are more than 3 days between two date fields.  Based on if the number of days is greater than three I send them back to the same screen, With the text: "I'm sorry but you need to make the dates no more than three days apart."

The trick was to create a formula variable, frm_FollowupDaysText: if ( {!followupDays} > 3, "I'm sorry but you need to make the dates no more than three days apart.",NULL).  Then in my Text variable I just place my variable: {!frm_FollowupDaysText}