function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jagjitsingh@indivar.comjagjitsingh@indivar.com 

Outbound Messaging

Hi

When i am trying to send data through Outbound Messaging it is giving error ----- (503)Service Unavailable . My end point URL is for a local machine on Apache .  How i can test it on local machine .

Thanx

RadnipRadnip

Do you have a public internet IP address for your local machine? if you can access your computer from the internet Salesforce won't be able to..

jagjitsingh@indivar.comjagjitsingh@indivar.com

Hi

I could not get u , but I.P is for Internal network . It's not public.

Thanks

RadnipRadnip

Ok might be that I'm confused. You've created an outbound message in Salesforce and your trying to contact your local Apache server correct? The IP address your putting into Salesforce is a local IP address not an internet ip address so Salesforce wont know how to route to your machine. You will need to reconfigure your firewall to route traffic from our internet facing IP address to your local machine. Then give Salesforce your internet facing IP address not your local IP address.

Kartik PerisetlaKartik Perisetla

Hi Jagjit,

When you try to invoke a web service from apex code in Salesforce.com one thing you must ensure is that the URL the code is trying to reach is accessible from public network. As you mentioned you have hosted the service on your local machine, But is your machine have public IP assigned to it? I believe No. 

Solution for it could be "Port Forwarding"- If you are on ISPs network then check the gateway's public IP say its X.X.X.Y Now enter this IP as part of URL where service is available for consumption. And after this you need to add a routing entry in your gateway's configuration page. This is mainly mapping of your ISPs IP to your IP and port number. You can do this by navigating to your gateway URL. The routing rule you will add in that configuration page will allow packets coming from Salesforce.com to your router to route properly to your machine and thus invoking the service. You will find many blogs regarding this.

Cheers !

RadnipRadnip

Another alternative to get around the issue if you can't change your firewall is to setup your apache application on Heroku or on an AWS EC2 Server or similar for testing purposes.